Monday, October 5, 2009

just an Imaginary friend...

I don't know my real name.
But he called me Mikey. He is Stanley. And I, am his imaginary friend.
Or at least I used to be...
It's kind of like he doesn't see me anymore.
I mean, no one else really did. But that was fine for the both of us.
This one time we almost thought his mom saw me!
But it just turned out to be a shadow...
I remember he cried that night.
But that wasn't the first time.
I think that was when his dad left.
Now that I think of it, he cried a lot.
His brothers could be so mean! They almost never played with him.
And when they did, they just tortured him until he cried.
I guess that's where I came in...
Oh we played all the time!
My favorite game was when we would pretend to be warriors in a forgotten kingdom.
Oh and when we would save the princess from the dragon's cave!
Wanna know something?
He was my first real friend.
My only friend now that I think of it...
See, we imaginary friends don't really get a say in this life of ours. If you could even call it that.
We are created by and for our "real" friends. Everything that could ever want and need in a friend.
Sweet deal huh? It works out pretty well for us too! [LoL]
Or at least it did for me.
Me and Stanley had some great adventures...
What I wouldn't give to go on one last Space Mission.
[looks to the sky] FLY ME TO THE MOON!!!
...
I don't really know where I go now.
I don't know what I do now.
Oh Stanley has all kinds of friends now.
Sure, I'm still around.
But like I said, it's like he doesn't see me anymore...
Every time he burst through his door I can't help but jump for joy thinking he's ready to save the world again!
But he just tosses his backpack on the bed and runs outside to play with his "real" friends.
He didn't ask me to come along so I just sit by the window and watch.
Hoping that every time he comes near he'll see his good ol' friend Mikey and ask me to come out and play...
I know I can't stay here forever.
But where does an imaginary friend go when he's not a friend anymore?



okay, so i randomly found myself wondering how imaginary friends felt when they lost their "real" friends. and I thought about writing about it. and a friend told me i should. so i did. i don't really have things planned out when i type. i just put my fingers to the keys and let them dance their hearts out. so i did that with this too. and this is what happened. i apologize if it's a bit weird for most. sometimes it be's like that [LoL] i hope you enjoyed.

6 comments:

  1. After reading this I feel like I missed this part of life. I NEVER had an imaginary friend:(
    it was more like I sub'd everything, selfish i know but true. I think I might just get one, i mean its never too late right? Dang man im really sad I didnt have 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i wrote it but i didnt have an imaginary friend either lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow. Thats poetry Thats really a good poem, ugh this inspiration to write a new piece is exactly what I needed for one more open mic night. But I really love this!! its different, i LOVE outside of the box thinking and this is definitely it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. take this straight 2 the poetry lounge!!!!!! (i am lo key serious tho...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol look at you guys: rockin'! lol thank you much :)

    ReplyDelete